HELP AT THE BRINK OF BREAKTHROUGH
1 Samuel 9:1-10
Potential will remain what it is until it is transformed to become reality. Expectations will remain in the future until we move into it and it becomes an accomplishment . Vision will remain in the realm of visuals until it is cast in tangibility and it becomes a testimony. Prophecy will hang in the spirit realm until the fulfilment.
Sometimes, we can get there by ourselves, but often, we need the help of helpers of destiny. Psalm 105:19 Joseph remained in captivity until his word came. His word was pushed through by the butler.
- There is a winner inside you.
- There is a leader inside you.
- There is a millionaire inside you. A captain of industry inside you. A world changer is inside you. A prime mover is inside you. A pillar in the kingdom of God is inside you.
2 Chronicles 26:15 Uzziah was marvellously helped until he was strong.
1 Chronicles 12:8 And of the Gadites there separated themselves unto David into the hold to the wilderness men of might, and men of war, fit for battle, that could handle shield and buckles, whose faces were like the faces of lions and were as swift as the roes upon the mountains.
The Bible described Saul as having potential. 1 Samuel 9:2 “A choice young man and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodies person than he”. Fully endowed with potential but limited by circumstances. Reduced to making do with what was available. Running errands to retrieve lost asses.
Passed through several phases: Verse 4
Passed through Ephraim in verse 4, which meant fruitful.
Passed through Shalisha which translates to triangular. Going from place to place.
Passed through Shalim, meaning the path of foxes. Mischievous means to achieve an end.
Passed on to Zuph, meaning watchful, observe, at the edge, BRINK or precipice.
Many have given up their vision, destiny and abandoned their opportunities at the peak of Zuph. Just when the next step would have opened the giant door for them, they give up.
1 Samuel 9:5-8 And when they were come to the land of Zuph, Saul said to His servant that was with him, come and let us return; lest my father leave caring for the asses and take thought for us
Genuine excuses: Father will worry. Bread is well spent.
May God override your errors.
May God give you a nudge in the right direction.
May God position the right guide on your journey of destiny.
God will position the right people with you.
1 Samuel 14:11-14 Jonathan helped to win a miraculous victory over the Philistines in Mishmash.
Naaman: 2 Kings 5:9-14 My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, would you not have done It? How much more when he said to thee, wash and be clean?
God will attach you to your mentor of destiny. People who will champion your cause. Men and women who will mention you in high places. Strategic personalities who will connect you to favour. Strategic helpers who will stay on your case until you choose to do the right thing.
Esther and Mordecai: Esther 4:12-17 Think not with thyself that you shall escape in the kings house more than all the Jews……and who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Paul and Barnabas: Acts 9:27 But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles.
Saul was on the brink of giving up. He had no clue what awaited him. He could have turned back.
Meanwhile, God had prepared the prophet for him. “Behold the man who me I spoke to thee of”.
Until he showed up, he remained a potential. As soon as he was received, God began to set his promotion in motion.
Verse 22 And Samuel took Saul and His servant, and brought them into the parlour and made them sit in the shortest place among them that were hidden.
1 Samuel 10:3 Then shall thou go on forward from thence
1 Samuel 10:4 Those carrying three loaves of bread shall give you two of it.
1 Samuel 10:6 The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you and you shall prophesy and be turned to another man. From failure to success. From struggler to buoyant. From disfigured to the preferred.
1 Samuel 10:7 Occasion shall serve thee.
Prayers for families:
- 1 Chronicles 12:22 For at that time, day by day, there came to David to help him until it was a great host, like the host of God. Help of Angel of the Lord. Oasis.
- Psalm 92:13-15
Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.14 They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing,To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. Hezekiah was marvellously helped.
- Isaiah 60:19-20 No longer will you have the sun for light by day, Nor for brightness will the moon give you light; But you will have the LORD for an everlasting light, And your God for your glory.
- Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Divine attraction to good fortune.
- Psalm 145:16-17 You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing. The LORDis righteous in all His ways And kind in all His deeds. The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.… Rapid answers to prayers. Overwhelming response from heaven
- Psalm 102:13 You shall arise and have mercy upon Zion, the time to favour her has come.
- Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’