EMBRACE YOUR WORD
2 Peter 1:19 “We have also a more sure word of prophecy whereunto you do well that you take heed”.
It means that you are watchful of the blessings that are sure to follow and are mindful that they are not taken away from you. You cooperate with the prophecy so that it may come to pass.
If you do not cooperate with the prophecy, if you work against it, it can not stop God from doing what He says He would do, but you may not benefit from it or the benefit may not be full.
HOW DO YOU COOPERATE WITH PROPHECY.
- Receive the prophecy into your spirit Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Job 23:12 I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food (14) For He performs what He has appointed for me.
- Meditate on the word. Consider it. Elizabeth said in Luke 1:25 Thus has the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach. Luke 1:46 And blessed is she that believed, for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. God will give you your Elizabeth.
- Walk with the prophecy and do not work against Him. The navigator has been told your destination. You cannot work contrary to the prophecy and expect that you will get there. 1 Samuel 2:22-32.
- Live in the hope of the prophecy of God concerning you. Psalm 37:4-5. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord and He will do it. You begin to nurse the hope. Romans 5:1-5.
- Take steps of faith to actualize the word of prophecy.
- Saul and Samuel1 Samuel 10:2-6- When you go from me today, then you will find two men close to Rachel’s tomb in the territory of Benjamin at Zelzah; and they will say to you, ‘The donkeys which you went to look for have been found. Now behold, your father has ceased to be concerned about the donkeys and is anxious for you, saying, “What shall I do about my son?”‘ and they will greet you and give you two loaves of bread, which you will accept from their hand. “Afterwardyou will come to the hill of God where the Philistine garrison is; and it shall be as soon as you have come there to the city, that you will meet a group of prophets coming down from the high place with harp, tambourine, flute, and a lyre before them, and they will be prophesying. “Then the Spirit of the LORD will come upon you mightily, and you shall prophesy with them and be changed into another man…Paul and Timothy. 2 Timothy 1:6 For this cause, I remind you that you should fan into flame (stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands) (13-14) Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou has heard of me, in faith, that good thing which was committed to thee, keep by the Holy Ghost which dwell in us.
- Celebrate the victory. Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall you draw water out of the Wells of salvation.
- Testify of His goodness. Tell tales of how His word has helped you thus far. Let the praises of God continually be in your mouth.
- You must praise the giver of the word. Praise has the capability to trigger the fulfilment of prophecy.
- Praise links the helpless to him who is the helper.
- When you engage in praise of God, the realm of power shall be made available to you. God will now have vested interest in your affair.
- On the Altar of praise, while you are dancing and singing, God will be fighting for you and give you victory.
- Moses praised God in Exodus 15:11 Who is like you, O Lord. Glorious in holiness, fearful in praises.
- Engage in bizarre order of praise to God and you will receive embarrassing reward from heaven. 2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the Lord with all his might.
- Worship God with reckless abandonment. If He does it, it doesn’t matter. I have not finished enjoying the benefits of what He has done already. If He doesn’t do anymore, it matters none.
- Psalm 30:4-5 Sing unto the Lord, O you saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- Psalm 126:6 He who goes out sowing precious seed shall doubtless return, bearing precious seed.
- 2 Chronicles 5:13 It came to pass as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music and praised the Lord, the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord. So that the priests could not stand to minister by the reason of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of God.