STRANGERS ON ASSIGNMENT
1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
There are different types of people resident on the face of the earth.
- Those who have given their lives to represent evil. The potential for their redemption is in the hands of God.. Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. They actively carry out the mandate of the evil one. Not just demon possessed, but actively demonic. They deliberately recruit others into their kingdom. They know that they may have their fill of corruption here on earth and they are not expecting any solace afterwards. They have entered into covenant with the devil through the occult.
- There are those who are misled into religion and are inadvertently on the wrong path. They look up to false demons in the erroneous belief that they are representing God. Some engage in slaughtering others and displaying extreme cruelty in their efforts to please their God. There are others who are even in Christianity but are agents of the devil. Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
- There are those who supposed to be here on assignments for God. Not all are aware of their status yet. Some are still like spectators. The disaster is for those who have left the world without touching on the assignment committed to them by God. Some are busy doing someone else’s assignment. Some are simply passive. People with potential to occupy and distribute largesse, but all their lives were going around with spiritual begging bowls. Some are joining the enemies to criticise and condemn who they are.
- But there are those who are aware of who they are. Strangers here on earth. Sojourners in this world. “They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” 1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.
Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Ephesians 3:8-10 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
2 Corinthians 5:18-20 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
DISPOSITIONS OF CHRISTIANS ON ASSIGNMENT
- They do not represent self. Their lives, substance, vision and ambitions are geared towards achieving their God given goals. 1 Corinthians 7:22-23 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord’s freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ’s servant. Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
People with high sense of responsibility to God.
Their moto is like John said in John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
- Their conduct increasingly reflects who they represent. They cannot afford to conform to the nature and tradition of the people of the world. They have to be distinct. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Exodus 23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment:
- They recognise the importance of bringing benefits to their kingdom. Every one in an embassy have specialties. The military attache, the commercial envoy, consular attaches etc. Everyone according to their functions. Everyone is already endowed with the gifts appropriate for their assignment. Romans 12:6-7 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching. 1 Corinthians 7:7 But each man has his own gift from God, one has this gift, another has that.
- They know and understand the policy of their masters, their home government. They seek to understand the will of God in every situation. Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
- They operate under divine power and authority. “If God be for us, who can be against us”. Psalm 91:13-15 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- DIGNIFIED: Their presentation is distinguished. They represent the glory of God. No sickness. Isaiah 33:24 And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.
Ambassadors are always distinguished in their looks.
Well decorated. Endowed in opulence.
Enriched with heavenly blessings.
Display joy and gladness, even when declared persona non grata.
- They seek to please God at all times. 1 John 2:15-16 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
- They approach heaven with boldness. Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- They are sure of divine protection. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord .