Hebrews 4:16 KJV Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Mercy is compassionate treatment. Mercy is blessing and an act of divine favour.
Mercy is leniency or forbearance. It is to relent and show clemency.
2 Samuel 7:14-15 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
Mercy is the instrument with which God identifies with His chosen. As long as you enjoy the mercy of God, the heavens will remain open to you.
MERCY IS THE NATURE OF GOD
- Psalm 136:His mercy endures forever
- Psalm 86:5 Plenteous in mercy.
- Exodus 34:6-7 God is compassionate and merciful.
- Ephesians 2:4 God is Rich in mercy
- Micah 7: 18 He delights in mercy
- Psalm 130:7 With Lord, there is mercy
- Psalm 100:5 His mercy is everlasting
- 1 Kings 3:6 He shows great mercy
- Psalm 69:16 Multitude of His tender mercies
Benefits of Mercy of God
- Grace will be available. They are Siamese twins. Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. The Prodigal Son
- Favour will follow you: Psalm 102:13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. Obed-Edom 2 Samuel 6.
- Goodness is inevitable: Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me. Psalm 65:11 God will crown this year with goodness for you.
- Your sins and inequities are overlooked. Psalm 40:11-13 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord : let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O Lord , to deliver me: O Lord , make haste to help me. (Rahab)
WHEN MERCY IS DEFICIENT
- Calamities will be the order of things
- Evil will be permitted. Sickness, lack
- No respite
- No allowance for error without painful consequence
HOW TO OBTAIN MERCY OF GOD
- Be merciful yourself. Psalms 18:25-26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Walk in the ways of God. Psalms 25:10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
- Ask for mercy. Hebrews 4:16 KJV Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
God’s dialogue with Moses. Exodus 33:18-19 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Give God praise. 2 Samuel 6:21–22 And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord , which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord , over Israel: therefore will I play before the Lord . And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
Psalm 89:20-27 I have found David my servant.
- Mercy will find you. Mercy is a gift, receive yours today.
- A new chapter is opening in your life. It is full of mercy.
- You have been contended with Rehoboth, but mercy is opening new wells for you.
Be careful that mercy of God does not desert you.
Saul became mercy deficient. “But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.”
Jude 1:21 KJV
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Proverbs 3:3–4 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.