MORE THAN A CONQUEROR
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
In this world, there will be battles. There will be warfare before there can be welfare.
No innocent bystanders. No spectators. Everyone is involved. The outcome means there will be victors and some will be vanquished. But for Christians, the outcome is rigged in your favour. We already know the outcome. John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
WHY MANY CHRISTIANS ARE NOT CONQUERING
Very dangerous to be on the wrong side. In church and not a Christian or totally outside. They are victims
Even more dangerous to be ignorant of whose side you are on. Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord’s side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
Attributes of just a conqueror?
- Saul was a conqueror: Elevated to be king, but could not conquer the desire to always enjoy flattering public opinion. Vain glory.
- 1 Samuel 14:4-16 Jonathan went all out to claim victory. He was persuaded that he was a conqueror. His association with his father limited him.
- Solomon was a conqueror: Conquered stingyness . 2 Chronicles 1:15 Gold became as common as ordinary stone during his reign. But could not conquer libidonous excesses.
- Moses was a conqueror. Conquered Pharaoh but not anger. Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
What makes you to be more than a conqueror:
- Undiluted faith: Faith like a child: 1 John 5:4–5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- Inner Persuasion: Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Knowledge of God: Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
- Spiritual Boldness: Those who confront every situation with the knowledge of representing God in every situation. Deuteronomy 20:4 For the Lord your GOD is the one who goes with you to fight with you against your enemies to give you victory. Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.
- Reckless abandon to God’s directions: Psalms 69:7–9 Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face. I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother’s children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
- A new life. Genuine consecration: Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Conquer fear.
- 1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
Matthew 11:11–12 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. It is potential
Matthew 5:10–12 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Galatians 5:22–25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- Matthew 9:20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.