RESPONSIBILITIES OF A BELIEVER 2
Wonderful things are promised in the scripture for the believer. They are clearly spelt out in the bible.
Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalm 85:12 Yea, the Lord shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase
Psalm 34:9-10 O fear the Lord , ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
Psalm 145:16 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
Psalm 145:20 The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
Psalm 104:27-28 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season. That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
Romans 8:28 All things work together for your good
1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
2 Corinthians 5:9–10 CEB So our goal is to be acceptable to him, whether we are at home or away from home. We all must appear before Christ in court so that each person can be paid back for the things that were done while in the body, whether they were good or bad.
These are virtues that God has prepared for His children. However, it is your responsibility to take advantage of them.
- It is your responsibility to maintain joy. Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
- Don’t entertain stress. Depression is designed to waste your life. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Which of you by worrying can add anything to their stature.
- It is your responsibility to seek the truth. John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 2 Corinthians 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. To find out what is in the gospel. Ephesians 1:9 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
- It is your responsibility to show forth His glory. Isaiah 43:21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.
- It is your responsibility to be thirsty for God. Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
- It is your responsibility to add virtue wherever you are. Matthew 5:13-16 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
- To evangelise. Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- It is your responsibility to look after God’s interest. Luke 12:48 For unto whomsoever much is given, much is required.