THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS
PRAYERS FOR SEPTEMBER
Thanksgiving Psalm 118:21-23 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
Isaiah 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the Lord hath blessed.
Psalm 116:8-10 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
Proverbs 26:22 The curse cause less shall not work.
Psalm 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means.
For the church:
Joel 3:13 Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe.
Acts 6:7 The word spread and the numbers of disciples multiplied.
Ezekiel 34:26 I will make them and the places all around my Hill a blessing.
Ezekiel 36:11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old
THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS
A Lord is a person who has control over others. A person who has power and authority over persons and their properties.
Jesus described Himself as occupying several roles. John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life.
John 1:4 In Him was life
John 11:25 I am the resurrection and the life.
Jesus admitted that He is the Lord.
The first 3 mention of Jesus as the Lord in the new testament.
Luke 1:43 that the mother of my Lord should come to me.
Luke 1:76 Thou should go before the face of the Lord to proclaim His ways.
Luke 2:10-11 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
The Lord when it refers to the Lordship of Jesus is spelt with capital L or all letters capital.
Genesis 18:12 Sarah called Abraham her lord. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my Lord being old also? And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the Lord ? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
The Hebrews are in awe of the name of the Lord that they would rather call Him Adonai or Yahway.
There are diverse kinds of lords.
House of lords
Lords spiritual and temporal. My lord Bishop
2 Kings 7:1-2 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the Lord ; Thus saith the Lord , To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. Then a Lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
ATTRIBUTES OF JESUS THE LORD
- Jesus is the beginning and the end: Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
- Jesus cannot change: James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord , I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
- All things were created by Him and through Him. John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- He is the embodiment of God. Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
- He is not limited in any way. Matthew 19:26 With God all things are possible . Genesis 18:14 Is anything too difficult for the Lord?
1 Samuel 14:6 Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few.
Job 42:2 I know you can do all things and no plan of yours can be thwarted. Luke 1:37 For nothing will be impossible with God.
- He is the Lord over devils, demons and principalities. Ephesians 1:20-22 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.
- Luke 10:17-19 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Hebrews 2:8-10 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
- He is the Lord in heaven and Lord in the earth. Psalm 103:19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
- Jesus is our Lord 1 Timothy 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Jesus in my Lord. John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.