THE POWER OF HOPE
You are the Lord, let your name be glorified.
THE GLIMMER OF HOPE
Romans 5:1-5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
All you need for assurance is a ray of hope. Its not always the full picture, but an indication of the outcome. A glimpse of hope. A glimmer of hope.
We ask questions, how or when is it going to be?
Some are tricked by the enemy that it can only get worse. The enemy seeks to close the doors and windows of expectation.
Presents unsavoury circumstances that escalates into more depression.
Psalm 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- Your expectation of the coming joy is called hope.
- The excitement created by the anticipation will remain with you.
- The present situation shall pass
- It can only get better
Genesis 8. Noah was exploring for the glitter of hope that the rains have stopped. He was sending out the dove to try out the land. But he waited until God spoke and said, now, you can venture out.
Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.
God has designed it that He’ll show you a glimpse of what is to come. A brief insight into what will eventually come.
How is hope kindled?
- By the word of God
The word of God gives insight into what awaits you. The word of God carries its instructions. Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Luke 2:19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
- By divine visitation:
Story of Hagar:
Jacob lived a troubled life. Entered into covenant with Esau, but he could have been thwarted if not for Rebecca.
The journey to Laban’s house and the treachery. 21 years of graft.
But there was a glitter of hope.
Joseph was given a picture of what to expect when he was very young. But his hope was tried severely.
Joshua 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
What do we hope for:
- Eternal life. An endowment similar to what Jesus enjoyed. 1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- To be like Jesus. 2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 1 John 3:2-3 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
- To be spiritually viable. Acts 5:14–15 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
- To see our dreams come true. Genesis 46:29–30 And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while. And Israel said unto Joseph, Now let me die, since I have seen thy face, because thou art yet alive.
- To eat the fruit of our labour. Psalm 128:2 For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
- Ruth 4:14–15 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord , which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel. And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
WHY GOD GIVES US HOPE
- To assure us that we are on the right track. ELIJAH MOANING TO GOD: That we are not lost in the wilderness of life. Elijah embraced the demonic feeling of hopelessness. 1 Kings 19:1-10
- To reawaken our enthusiasm. THE DISCIPLES DESPONDENCY: Luke 24:19–31 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done. Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre; And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive. And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. And it came to pass, as he sat at the table with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
- Hope is the beacon that illuminate our paths: Genesis 15:13–15 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
- It is the constant reminder to us of our purpose. Zechariah 9:11–13 As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee; When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man.
- Hope is the companion of faith. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Hope places our time and salvation in the hands of God. Hope motivates us to totally rely on God and not our flesh. Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Enlighten your light in me and take away every darkness.
- Heal whatsoever is sick in me.
- Revive your hope that is built in me.
I HAVE A GOD WHO IS MIGHTY, HALLELUYAH
Divine replacement. And they took Joseph’s coat, and killed a kid of the goats, and dipped the coat in the blood;
Genesis 37:31 KJV
And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord .
1 Samuel 16:2 KJV
The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead.
Proverbs 11:8 KJV
Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
Isaiah 43:4 KJV