GOD WILL MAKE A WAY
Joshua 6:1-2 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in. And the Lord said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
Ahead of you lies victory. Wonderful things that God has prepared for you. Each day is like financial currency put in your hands by God to be spent.
Ahead of you also lies huge mountains and barriers that seems to oclude the future. It’s the nature of the world we live in. John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
But you have come a long way. When you look behind you, you can see many mountains that you have left behind, many mountains that has fallen and Manny barriers that are scattered.
Joshua 5:1 And it came to pass, when all the kings of the Amorites, which were on the side of Jordan westward, and all the kings of the Canaanites, which were by the sea, heard that the Lord had dried up the waters of Jordan from before the children of Israel, until we were passed over, that their heart melted, neither was there spirit in them any more, because of the children of Israel.
Joshua 5:9-12 And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day. And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of Jericho. And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched corn in the selfsame day. And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.
But as you look forward this morning, you can see mountains and barriers. But you must see beyond the mountain. Behind the mountains you’ll find your inheritance. Behind the barriers, God has prepared abundance, rest and prosperity for you. But you must get beyond this mountain. HOW?
There are different ways to surmount a challenge or get to the other side of the mountain.
- You must see the potential behind the mountain.
- You must be motivated to desire to get across.
- You must be prepared to make attempts.
How to scale a mountain?
- You can go and learn mountain climbing. Develop skills and capacity.
- You can circle around it until you get to the other side, however long it takes. Deuteronomy 2:3 You have circled this mountain long enough.
- You can drill through the mountain to get to the other side. It takes enormous strength and time. Zechariah 4:6-7 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
- Reflect on how the previous mountains and barriers became history. HOW did you get to where you are? Who removed the mountains of lack, of sickness, of disfavour of demonic attacks and of failure?
- Give glory to God. Praise His Holy name. Joshua 6:4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams’ horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.
- You can ask God for help. Nahum 1:5 The mountains quake before Him, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles at His presence–the world and all its dwellers. Psalm 114:4-6 The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs. What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that thou was driven back? Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs? Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob; Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters.
- Isaiah 45:2-3 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord , which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
- Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- Ephesians 3:16-17 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.
- Joshua 6:20 So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
- You must speak to your mountains to move. Mark 11:23
- Isaiah 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.