OBEDIENCE AS CATALYST TO THE MIRACULOUS
There can be no Rehoboth without divine approval. To attain the next level, God of Abraham to become God of Isaac.
For mere survival, you can get by without going through.
Obedience to divine instructions, ticket to Rehoboth
In Acts 3:6-7 and he took him by the hand and lifted him, was an exception and not the rule.
When the command or instruction goes forth, your obedience will provide the miraculous.
There are spiritual principles behind this.
- It’s the test of your faith James 1:6-8 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- It’s your own practical contribution to spiritual collaboration. You can’t help God, but you need to help yourself. John 11:39-41 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. Luke 17:12-14 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
- To expose to you the futility of mean spirit. Covetousness or tight fist. 1 Kings 17:7-16
- To display the sovereignty of God. That He can do whatever He likes, anyway He likes and bring out wonderful outcomes. 2 Kings 13:14-19 Elisha and king Joash. 1 Samuel 15 Saul and the Amalekites.
- To build you up spiritually. The assignment of God for you has an inbuilt spiritual energiser. Every step you take in obedience to God’s command will expose you to amazing wonders. Ephesians 3:14-19 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
- To remove from you the spirit of pride. 1 Samuel 5:1-15 Namaan
For Isaac, the stakes were high.
- He was endowed to raise a generation based on divine covenant.
- He was located in a foreign country within a strange culture.
- There were people set along his path to provoke him to failure or to success.
- Circumstances were lined up to entrap him and also there to make him.
- No person, no situation is above and beyond the power of God. Your obedience will open the door to your next level.
- God will make room for you. Genesis 26:22-28 And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the Lord hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land. And he went up from thence to Beer–sheba. And the Lord appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham’s sake. And he builded an altar there, and called upon the name of the Lord , and pitched his tent there: and there Isaac’s servants digged a well. Then Abimelech went to him from Gerar, and Ahuzzath one of his friends, and Phichol the chief captain of his army. And Isaac said unto them, Wherefore come ye to me, seeing ye hate me, and have sent me away from you? And they said, We saw certainly that the Lord was with thee: and we said, Let there be now an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee;