YOU SHALL BE FRUITFUL
Only two events upset Jesus in the Bible. When the household of God was turned to a betting shop. People of dubious character took over the household of God and they were using the place as bureau De Change. Matthew 21:12-13 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
The second time Jesus was upset was when he was disappointed with fruitlessness. Matthew 21:18-19 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
Be fruitful is a commandment of the Lord. Gen 1:22 to other living things and in Genesis 1:28 to Adam and Eve.
God does not reproduce. It is the responsibility of every living thing to reproduce after itself. The seed for reproduction is already inside every living being.
God has uniquely programmed you to be fruitful. John 15:4-8 Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can you except to, except you abide in me.
John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I choose you and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit.
Fruitfulness is prosperity. It is profiting from ventures. 1 Timothy 4:15 that thy profiting may appear to all. Fruitfulness is proof of potency. Proof of adequacy. Fertility and ability.
The opposite of Fruitfulness is barrenness. When things fail to work. When result fail to match effort. Struggle, lack, emptiness and lack.
Marriages that are fruitful will produce babies in the house. Enterprises that are fruitful will bring pleasure and comfort.
What happens if you are not fruitful:
1) Living a life of unfulfilled potentials.
2) Toiling and frustration becomes apparent
3) Lease, pleasure and joy of life is denied.
4) Mockery and shame inevitable.
WHY YOU MUST BE FRUITFUL.
It is expected of you. Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Your fruitfulness will cascade to the blessing of others. Life is interrelated .
It is your purpose here on earth. You will account for it in heaven.
Your truthfulness brings glory to God.
WHY MANY ARE NOT FRUITFUL
- When you disdain the seed.
- When the enemy attempts to strangulate your seed.
- Failure to abide in Christ. One leg in and one leg out. Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 13: 3-8 The parable of the sower.
- Resistance to brokenness. John 12:24 Unless a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abide the alone: but if it die, it brings much fruit. Galatians 2:20 the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith of Jesus.
- A life of disobedience. Deuteronomy 28:1-2 If you hearken diligently to obey the Lord your God. Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land.
- Corruption of the Spirit. Closed heaven Haggai 1:6-11 You sow much but you reap little or nothing because the heaven is shut. Psalm 1:1-6.
- A belligerent spirit. Hostile, aggressive, bellicose, contentious, quarrelsome. Refusal to open your hands. Debating principles of sowing. Isolationist
- Ignorance- Ecclesiastes 10:15 The labour of the foolishness wearies them all. Lack of wisdom will result in fruitless efforts.
HOW TO BE FRUITFUL
a. Desire to be a blessing. If the desire is in you, God will make you fruitful.
b. Key in to the blessing of the Lord. Malachi 3:10 Open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing. Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the Lord makes rich. Makes fruitful.
c. A life dedicated to sowing seed. Ecclesiastics 11:6 in the morning, sow seed and in the evening do not withhold your hand. 2 Corinthians 9:6 He who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly. You determine how fruitful you are by your pattern of sowing.
d. Take advantage of your season. Physical and spiritual season. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2.
e. When God insist you must be fruitful. Either you like it or not.
Isaiah 65:23 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord , and their offspring with them.
Ezekiel 47:12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”